Oxford Mathematician Roger Penrose jointly wins the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Congratulations to Sir Roger Penrose.
Prize motivation: "for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity."
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2020 was divided, one half awarded to Roger Penrose "for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity", the other half jointly to Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez "for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy."
We are proud of our affiliation with Sir Roger Penrose who has addressed our conferences over the past decades and who has collaborated with CCS Director Stuart Hameroff on the Orch OR Theory. Dr. Hameroff teamed up with the eminent British physicist Sir Roger Penrose in the early 90's and is co-developer with Penrose of the highly controversial theory of consciousness called ‘orchestrated objective reduction’ (Orch OR), based on quantum computations in microtubules.
Online TSC 2020 Conference videos - updating for the general public on the TSC-CCS YouTube Channel
- TSC-CCS SEPTEMBER, 2020 - YouTube Channel
- LINK TO ABSTRACTS
- YouTube Videos Roger Penrose - Plenary Presentation TSC 2020 - video; Plenary Sessions, Psychedelic Symposium
- Art Tech Health, Concurrents, Posters - en route.
2017 - TSC San Diego View | Download 4.97 MB
2016 - TSC Tucson Abstract Book View | Download 8.97 MB
PHOTOS - TSC Conferences (2017-18) B. Buhr, Photographer
The Consciousness Chronicles 4 Roger Penrose & Stuart Hameroff
Highlights - updating
October 2020 Oxford Mathematician Roger Penrose jointly wins the Nobel Prize in Physics
- September 2020 The Science of Consciousness -Plenary 11 Online - 9/18/20 "Quantum Consciousness" George Musser, Chair
- Harmut Neven, Google Quantum AI and Peter Read, Vitruvian - When are atoms happy?
- Anirban Bandyopadhyay, NIMS - Optical and magnetic vortices generated by a single microtubules for quantum properties.
- Stuart Hameroff, MD., U Arizona - Anesthesia - The quantum key to consciousness. (Anesthesiology and Psychology; Center for Consciousness Studies, U Arizona; AHSC, UMC; Dir. Center for Consciousness Studies, Tucson, AZ )
- Sir Roger Penrose, Oxford U - Orch-OR: New results on the physics of Orch-OR.
Consciousness is not a computation | R. Penrose - YouTube · with Lex Fridman, Apr 4, 2020
- Stuart Hameroff, Anesthetic Action Links Consciousness to Quantum Vibrations, June 11, 2018
- The Science of Consciousness, TSC 2017, San Diego PL 1 - Can Machines Be Conscious ? - Roger Penrose, Joscha Bach, Hartmut Neven, June 6, 2017
- Feb 20, 2014 — Interview with Nobel prize candidate Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff
Video Highlight - www.elsevier.com › Elsevier Connect
Q&A: 2 renowned physicists on the controversial theory of consciousness (with video) Elsevier Connect
Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff discuss how the discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' corroborates the theory of consciousness
By Patricia Massar and Mareike Gutschner Posted on 20 February 2014
The Brainstorm Sessions, Amsterdam, Orch OR theory - Microtubules and the Great Debate about Consciousness, The Flemish Arts Centre De Brakke Grond and UvA Amsterdam; Brain & Cognition Center (ABC) "Night of the Brain" Jan 2014; Amsterdam Programme.pdf
Penrose, Bandyopadhyay & Hameroff, Lezing: Microtubuli & het grote debat over het bewustzijn
V i N T a G e - TSC Videos
2011 - TSC - Stockholm
1996 TSC Tucson - Toward a Science of Consciousness YouTube - review of the first TSC Conference
Hameroff, Stuart., Roger Penrose, Consciousness in the universe: A review of the 'Orch OR' theory. Phys Life Rev, 2014; Mar 11(1):39-78.
Hameroff, Stuart., Roger Penrose, Reply to Seven Commentaries on “Consciousness in the Universe: Review of the ‘Orch OR’ theory". Physics of Life Reviews, 2014; 11:94–100.
Hameroff, Stuart., Roger Penrose, Reply to Criticism of the 'Orch OR qubit' - Orchestrated objective reduction is scientifically justified. Physics of Life Reviews, 2014; 11(1):104-112.
Hameroff, Stuart Consciousness, Microtubules and "Orch-OR": A 'Space-time' Odyssey, Journal of Consciousness Studies, Volume 21, 3-4, 2014, pp 126-153 PDF