TSC Conference Videos/Trailers:
iTunes - 2010 through 2016 - these videos are currently being redirected to our YouTube Channel
DECEMBER 9, 2021 - 6-7 pm
Museum of Contemporary Art 265 S Church Ave Tucson, AZ 85701 520.624.5019
firstname.lastname@example.org moca-tucson.org Free with RSVP - REGISTER
Astrobiology and Astroconsciousness: An illustrated discussion with UArizona professors Dante Lauretta and Stuart Hameroff followed by a reception in MOCA’s Great Hall
2021 MOCA Local Genius Awardee and UArizona regents professor of Planetary Sciences and Cosmochemistry Dante Lauretta searches for clues to the origin of life and consciousness. He leads NASA’s OSIRIS-REx mission which studied the asteroid Bennu from 2018 – 2021 and scooped up carbonaceous material which it is returning to Earth in 2023. What do Dr. Lauretta and his team hope to find? Quite possibly, polyaromatic hydrocarbons (‘PAHs’). The basis for organic chemistry and life as we know it are aromatic hydrocarbon rings, found at the core of proteins, DNA, neurotransmitters, and mind-altering psychedelic molecules. PAHs are also found in meteorites, interstellar dust, and on the surface of the Space Station.
According to UArizona professor Stuart Hameroff, these rings host quantum coherence essential to life and consciousness.
Come join the conversation between these two thought leaders as they explore the emerging fields of Astrobiology and Astroconsciousness, searching the universe for these phenomena.
NOVEMBER 28, 2021
CAN QUANTUM PHYSICS, NEUROSCIENCE MERGE AS QUANTUM CONSCIOUSNESS?
Physicist Marcelo Gleiser looks at the pros and cons of current theories
NOVEMBER 4, 2021
Although smaller than a neuron, microtubules may be large enough to host proto-conscious events (quantum collapses) of a particular scale or quantity necessary to give rise to conscious experience.
AUGUST 3-6, 2021
Science and ROGER PENROSE - On the Occasion of his 90th Birthday and Nobel Prize -
Oxford Mathematician Roger Penrose jointly wins the Nobel Prize in Physics. Congratulations to Sir Roger Penrose.
October 6, 2020 -The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Physics 2020 with one half to Roger Penrose for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity and the other half jointly to Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy. Roger Penrose's affiliation at the time of the Nobel award: University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom - The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Physics, 2020 - Scientific Background on the Nobel Prize in Physics 2020 View | Download 2.64 MB
Prize motivation: "for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity."
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2020 was divided, one half awarded to Roger Penrose "for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity", the other half jointly to Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez "for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy."
We are proud of our affiliation with Sir Roger Penrose who has addressed our conferences over the past decades and who has collaborated with CCS Director Stuart Hameroff on the Orch OR Theory. Dr. Hameroff teamed up with the eminent British physicist Sir Roger Penrose in the early 90's and is co-developer with Penrose of the highly controversial theory of consciousness called ‘orchestrated objective reduction’ (Orch OR), based on quantum computations in microtubules.
JANUARY 10, 2020
Sir Roger Penrose & Dr. Stuart Hameroff, Consciousness and the Physics of the Brain - The Qualcomm Institute, January 10, 2020 - Roth Auditorium - Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine La Jolla, CA, co-organized with UC San Diego Institute for Neural Computation link to program
Links to CCS-TSC Conferences & Seminars - VIDEOS
Online - September 18, 2020
Online - 9/18/20 "Quantum Consciousness"
Harmut Neven, Google Quantum AI and Peter Read, Vitruvian - When are atoms happy?
Anirban Bandyopadhyay, NIMS - Optical and magnetic vortices generated by a single microtubules for quantum properties.
Stuart Hameroff, MD., U Arizona - Anesthesia - The quantum key to consciousness. (Anesthesiology and Psychology; Center for Consciousness Studies, U Arizona; AHSC, UMC; Dir. Center for Consciousness Studies, Tucson, AZ )
Sir Roger Penrose, Oxford U - Orch-OR: New results on the physics of Orch-OR.
George Musser, Chair
Misc Videos - Interviews with Roger Penrose
- INFINITE POTENTIAL - The Film
- Consciousness is not a computation | R. Penrose - YouTube · with Lex Fridman, Apr 4, 2020
- Stuart Hameroff, Anesthetic action on quantum terahertz oscillations in microtubules, 2019, Oxford University.
PHOTOS - TSC Conferences (2017-18)
George Johnson, A Carnival of Consciousness. New York Times. May 17, 2016
(Programs from 2014 and prior via the CCS iTunes Channel)
- Selected Sessions, iTunes - (Library of CCS-iTunes)
- 2014 - TSC-Tucson-20th Anniversary- It was 20 Years Ago Today -
- A short film early clips and slides.mov
- 2014 TSC - Closer to Truth/ PBS hosted by R.L.Kuhn
- 2014 Can Science Become Enlightened? Deepak Chopra
- 2014 TSC Brain Mapping Symposium- webcast by UA-AHSC
- 2014 Consciousness Central TV Daily Roundup - interviews
- 2014 Program, Schedule 2014 Book of Abstracts / pdf
- Plenary & Keynote Speakers Bios and Photos
- Concurrents Posters Art-Tech Demos Pre-Con Workshops
- Consciousness Central TV - Daily roundup of events from TSC 2014 Host, Nick Day - The Consciousness Chronicles 4 Roger Penrose & Stuart Hameroff
- 2014 The Deeper You Go: The Interviews
- Roger Penrose – Quantum Physics of Consciousness. Closer to Truth 2014
- Clarifying the Tubulin bit/qubit - Defending the Penrose-Hameroff Orch OR Model (Quantum Biology). www.elsevier.com › Elsevier Connect
- Interview with Nobel prize candidate Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff February 20, 2014
- Q&A: 2 renowned physicists on the controversial theory of consciousness (with video) Elsevier Connect Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff discuss how the discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' corroborates the theory of consciousness
- Interview with Nobel prize candidate Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff, ElsevierConnect, Amsterdam - February 19, 2014 - UA CCS Itunes
- Roger Penrose — The quantum nature of consciousness/2045 initiative
- Roger Penrose: Cosmic Inflation Is 'Fantasy'-Science Friday www.sciencefriday.com/
- The Brainstorm Sessions, Amsterdam, Orch OR theory - Microtubules and the Great Debate about Consciousness, The Flemish Arts Centre De Brakke Grond and UvA Amsterdam; Brain & Cognition Center (ABC) "Night of the Brain" Jan 2014; Amsterdam Programme.pdf
- Penrose, Bandyopadhyay & Hameroff, Lezing: Microtubuli & het grote debat over het bewustzijn
V i N T a G e - TSC Videos
- 2012 TSC Tucson Toward a Science of Consciousness Conference Program
- 2012 Blackmore and Chopra Discussion at TSC-Tucson 2012
- 2011 TSC Stockholm
- 2005 Film: What the Bleep!? Do We Know !? S. Hameroff, Featured Scientist
- 1996 Review: TSC Tucson - Toward a Science of Consciousness YouTube - review of the first TSC Conference
- 1994 TSC Tucson - Why Are We Conscious?” KUAT-PBS, Stuart Hameroff, Roger Penrose & David Chalmers
- Stuart Hameroff on Singularity 1 on 1: Consciousness is ...
- Does our perception of the world reflect reality? Solving the problem of consciousness Philip Goff, Genetic Literacy Project
- The Meta-Problem of Consciousness, Professor David Chalmers, Talks at Google
- 2014 David Chalmers TED2014 - How do you explain consciousness?
Misc Orch-OR Articles
- Hameroff, Stuart., Roger Penrose, Consciousness in the universe: A review of the 'Orch OR' theory. Phys Life Rev, 2014; Mar 11(1):39-78.
- Hameroff, Stuart., Roger Penrose, Reply to Seven Commentaries on “Consciousness in the Universe: Review of the ‘Orch OR’ theory". Physics of Life Reviews, 2014; 11:94–100.
- Hameroff, Stuart., Roger Penrose, Reply to Criticism of the 'Orch OR qubit' - Orchestrated objective reduction is scientifically justified. Physics of Life Reviews, 2014; 11(1):104-112.
- Hameroff, Stuart Consciousness, Microtubules and "Orch-OR": A 'Space-time' Odyssey, Journal of Consciousness Studies, Volume 21, 3-4, 2014, pp 126-153 PDF