THE SCIENCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS | TSC 2020
TSC Consciousness Reboot
Dates: September 14-18, 2020
Time: 7 am to midnight MST
ONLINE / Livestream + Virtual
Abstract & Video Submissions
(max 500 words) are submitted via our Abstract Submission System: https://eagle.sbs.arizona.edu/sc/
review classifications: TAXONOMY TSC-2020
All abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author. Submissions are limited to ONE abstract per first author, though you may be co-author on other abstracts.
Registration payment by a single author will get the abstract published into the program book. If co-authors wish to attend the conference they must establish and pay for their own registration, etc.
Please note you are responsible for your own SPELL CHECK.
TextPad or WordPad are the best programs to convert everything to English characters and a text format which is well accepted by the web and abstract submission system.
Note: word and .rtf formats are not good for this purpose.
Please drop your abstract into TextPad or WordPad and then cut and paste it into the online submission system.
New abstracts: July 25
Decisions: August 1
Registration for presenters: August 4
Video Files: August 15
VIDEO SUBMISSIONS: - approval required
TIME allotted per session video:
Plenary 25 minutes Psychedelics Symposium 15 minutes each
Concurrents 20 minutes Art-Tech 20 minutes Posters 20 minutes
Wellness 20 minutes Demos 20 minutes Exhibitors 5-10 minutes
Workshops 2 hours total PSAs 1-2 minutes Poetry Slam/Zoombie Blues 1-3 minutes
WIDESCREEN/16X9 .PNG at 300 dpi
Block Ad: 1920 x 1080 at 72 dpi
VIDEO FILES - Technical Specs:
Any Digital Video Format Will Work.
MOV, MP4, M4V are preferred.
10800P OR 720P
If sending a PowerPoint it needs to be exported as a Video.
Note to Presenters:
Please introduce yourself at the outset of your presentation
Please include separate files: brief paragraph bio (word/pdf) and small .png photo - 300 dpi
You may want to include your contact information at the end of the presentation
PRESENTATION RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS WITH VIDEO
Zoom Recording Instructions
- Open Zoom. In your profile, click "Settings", then "Recordings". Be sure that Local Recordings is on.
- At the upper right corner, it will say “Host a Meeting”. Click on “Host a Meeting with Video”, and follow the instructions to download and run Zoom or wait for the meeting to generate.
- Be sure that your audio and video are both on and working. The video is required in order to ensure a high-quality experience for the audience.
- The size of the webcam will be 224x126 pixels in the upper right corner. Once you start screen sharing, your video will move to the upper right-hand corner and may potentially cover text or images. Please adjust your presentation accordingly.
- Become familiar with the Zoom tools available at the bottom of your screen.We encourage the use of the embedded laser pointer during the recording. For an example of a good recording, view the OFC tutorial, which has been made open access, thanks to the instructor.
- Press the “Record” button.Select “Share Screen” and begin your presentation. As a reminder, your presentation should not exceed 12 minutes for contributed and 25 minutes for invited (unless otherwise noted).If your presentation exceeds these time limits, it may be edited after receipt.
- Once you have finished your presentation, you can select “Stop Record” and then end the meeting, or simply end the meeting--which will stop the recording. It will begin to convert your video to your local system into three files: an .m4a, .m3u and .mp4 file.
PowerPoint Recording Instructions
Record narration and timings
1. Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show.
Choose from two options:
- Start Recording from Beginning - to record from the beginning of a presentation.
- Start Recording from Current Slide - to record from a specific slide.
2. Select or clear what you'd like for your recording, and then select Start Recording.
3. Start speaking or add markings to your presentation.
Note: Audio won't record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking.
Manage recordings - There are different ways to manage recordings in your presentation:
1. Pause - to pause a recording.
2. Close - to end a recording.
3. Laser Pointer, Pen, Highlighter, or Eraser - to use the pointer, ink, eraser, or highlighter tools in your recording.
Save recordings - When you're done recording, save and share your presentation as a PowerPoint Show. Your recording will automatically play when someone opens the presentation.
1. Select File > Save As.
2. Select where you'd like to save your presentation to.
3. Under Save as type, select the dropdown arrow and then select PowerPoint Show.
4. Select Save.
A free app video platform: Panopto is user friendly and offers free trials. https://www.panopto.com/
Online Conference Link for Registrants to Join the Event: will be sent after August 20 via Email
LINKS to ACCEPTED 2020 Text ABSTRACTS -updating
These abstracts currently listed were submitted for April; additional abstracts will be received, and decisions will be made as early as possible. New Abstracts - Once accepted will be added to the Abstract Page; Pre-recorded video files will be made available on our site. Please prepare your video files and follow the technical and time requirements below as indicated.
PL1 - PL14 Tuesday September 15 - Friday September 18, 2020
C1-C8 C9-C16 C17- C24
Poster Session 1&2
The Science of Consciousness
TUCSON - Since 1994
1994 Tucson 1 Apr 12-17
1996 Tucson 2 Apr 8-13
1998 Tucson 3 Apr 27- May 2
2000 Tucson 4 Apr 10-15
2002 Tucson 5 Apr 8-12
2004 Tucson 6 Apr 7-11
2006 Tucson 7 Apr 4-8
2008 Tucson 8 Apr 8-12
2010 Tucson 9 Apr 12-17
2012 Tucson 10 Apr 9-14
2014 Tucson 11 Apr 21-26 20th Anniversary
2016 Tucson 12 Apr 25-30
2018 Tucson 13 Apr 2-7
2020 Tucson 14 Apr 13-18 -postponed
2020 Tucson 15 Sept 14-18 - Online Reboot - upcoming
2022 Tucson 16 Apr 18-23, 2022
TSC - Science of Consciousness
The alternate year international co-sponsored TSC conferences held overseas in cooperation with partner organizations and institutions.
1995-2017- Past Cities have included:
1995 Ischia, Italy
1997 Elsinore, Denmark
1999 Tokyo, Japan
2001 Skovde, Sweden
2003 Prague, Czech Republic
2005 Copenhagen, Denmark
2007 Budapest, Hungary
2009 Hong Kong, China
2011 Stockholm, Sweden
2013 Agra, India
2015 Helsinki, Finland
2017 San Diego, USA
2019 Interlaken, Switzerland
2021 Taormina, Italy
(May 31-June 6) postponed